Important Changes to Portugal Golden Visa Policy 2022
From January 1, 2022, the main policy changes are as follows:
1) Residential real estate investments in Lisbon, Porto and other coastal areas will be excluded from the Golden Visa application.
(The blue in the picture below is the restricted area for residential real estate investment)
2) The minimum investment amount for the following projects will be increased from EUR 350,000 to EUR 500,000:
- Invest in mutual funds or venture capital funds
- Invest in projects related to scientific research and development
3) The minimum threshold for capital transfers for financial purposes (eg bank deposits or share purchases, etc.) will be increased from EUR 1 million to EUR 1.5 million.
4) Investing in Portuguese companies must create at least 5 jobs, or increase the capital invested in existing companies, and create or maintain at least 5 jobs for at least 3 years. The minimum investment threshold will be increased from 350,000 euros to 500,000 euros.